Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mexican Chicken Chili!

So I needed to make soup for a church dinner we had today, and none of the recipes I found seemed appealing to me. So, I started throwing things in a Crock Pot, and, whaddya know, it turned out delicious! Here's the recipe:

2 16 oz jars of salsa
1 1/2 blocks of velveeta-type cheese, cut in little cubes
1 can of black beans, drained
1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
6 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced.
1 qt of tomato juice

Throw everything together in a large crock pot (leave the tomato juice til last and only add what fits. I had about a quarter of my bottle left) and cook for at least two hours on high. The longer it cooks, the yummier it will be. Make sure you stir every half hour or so, so the cheese doesn't burn.

Enjoy, folks! Add some tortila chips if you like, and you have a spicy gluten-free lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment