Friday, January 13, 2012

Two Diets at Once

Since it's the new year, I'm currently joining the millions of people who have resolved to lose weight. According to my WiiFit (with which I have a love/hate relationship), I need to drop about 40 pounds to be at a healthy weight. I've been at this point once before in my life, and I did it. The difference now? I'm already on a diet.
An article I read recently said that a full third of celiac patients were overweight or obese within the first two years of going gluten free. The article pointed to added sweeteners and salt in gluten free food, used to make it taste more like the real thing, but I would point to another culprit. Despite having been on a gluten free diet for three years, I still feel deprived on a regular basis. Throw in a further attempt to watch what I eat, and I start equating myself with those little starving children in Ethiopia. My "diets" tend to not work out so well.
So, while I am watching my food intake this go-around, I'm going to focus on physical activity instead. That way, I won't end up cracking over gluten-free crackers this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment